Welcome to the Sparhawk School PTO!
We are a volunteer organization made up of parents, teachers, administrators, and support staff who are all dedicated to the successful education of our children.
We plan and organize FUNdraising events such as Flatbread Night, Spirit Wear, Family Fun night, Speaker Series, with more to be added next year! These events help raise funds to support our school from new swing sets, and computers to teacher enrichment opportunities and more! We also support the amazing Teacher appreciation luncheon in May!
We are a small school, and we know how busy everyone is. If you can't make it to a meeting, the meeting minutes will be posted starting in January, along with each meeting agendas.
Did you know that every purchase you make (with some exceptions) can benefit Sparhawk School PTO? Just click on the link below, follow the steps and add Amazon Smile for Sparhawk School PTO to your account. Super simple!
Did you know that your daily Dunkin' or Starbucks stop can benefit Sparhawk School? You can purchase all of your gift cards online, and a portion of each purchase goes to Sparhawk School PTO. True story. In just a few short steps you can register with Script, simply and easily. What kind of cards can you buy? Check out a list here (psst, target is on there, too!).
Sparhawk PTO frequently asked questions:
- Is this a non-profit? Yes! Sparhawk PTO is a non-profit and therefore we are able to fundraise and accept donations to improve Sparhawk School.
- When are meetings? Meetings are typically once a month and are listed on the PTO calendar. They last about an hour and cover important new info and updates.
- I'd like to come to a meeting, but I have my child with me. Not a problem, when the meetings are scheduled for 3:30, please utilize the aftercare at Sparhawk for free on that day.
- Do I have to volunteer a lot of hours? No! We respect that our parents and staff are busy humans. Some people are able to give more time, and some less. There are many different ways that you can be involved with a variety of time commitments. Meetings typically are an hour, and you DO NOT have to come to a meeting to donate your time.
- I want to volunteer, but I don't know how to be useful. Everyone has a special skill that can be useful in some way. Here are some examples:
- Artistic? Consider helping us make signs, design t-shirts, create artwork for a fundraiser.
- Sales and marketing? Consider handing out brochures, spreading the word about events via social marketing or putting up posters, communicate with parents about events. Sell t-shirts at events.
- People person? Volunteer to talk to parents about upcoming events during pick-up or at events.
- Is the Sparhawk PTO a part of Sparhawk? No, we are a seperate entity and we do not make governing decisions about Sparhawk School.