Sparhawk School is monitoring the COVID-19 situation carefully and is taking proactive and prudent measures to ensure the health and safety of every member of the community in accordance with the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health officials.
This section is designed to provide convenient access to information and resources regarding the coronavirus in general, as well as timely updates specific to the School’s response and planning efforts. Please know that this page will be updated regularly as new information becomes available.
We ask that you please share with us all of your travel plans by filling out this form, even if the locations you are visiting are not under CDC warnings or advisories. This information will help us inform our re-entry protocols.
Sparhawk counselors are available to support students who are feeling emotionally challenged OR parents who wish to discuss their child's emotional needs through tele-counseling sessions.
- “Quaranteenagers: Strategies for Parenting in Close Quarters" from New York Times
- “Talking to Teens and Tweens About Coronavirus" from New York Times
- “How to Talk To Your Anxious Child About the Coronavirus” from Psychology Today
- “How to Have a Panic-Free Conversation With Your Kids About the Coronavirus” from The Week
- “How to Talk to Your Kids About the Coronavirus Outbreak” from TIME
- Are there suspected cases at Sparhawk School?
- What steps has Sparhawk School taken to minimize the risk of transmission?
- Should I Advise Sparhawk School if I suspect exposure to COVID-19?
- Has Sparhawk School imposed any travel restrictions or set travel expectations?
- Should I inform the school if I have traveled or plan to travel to a CDC Warning Level 3 or Alert Level 2 country?
- What are the re-entry protocols that are in place after travel to ensure a safe return to campus?
- Has the school canceled classes, trips and/or events?
- What circumstances lead our school to temporarily close campuses?
- What will the school do in the event of an extended closure?
- What is Sparhawk doing to accommodate homestay students who can't return to their homes during April break due to the virus?
- If I have questions about the School's response to COVID-19, where should I send them?
- What kind of support are students receiving to address anxiety?
- What is the novel coronavirus COVID-19?
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- How is COVID-19 transmitted?
- What should I do if I develop symptoms associated with COVID-19?
- What should I do if I suspect exposure to COVID-19?
- Is there a phone number I can call to report suspicion of COVID-19?
- Who can be tested for COVID-19?
- Is there a vaccine or treatment for COVID-19?
- How can I protect myself and my community?
COVIDMA Text Alerts
To get up-to-date alerts, text COVIDMA to 888-777
Get the latest info about the Coronavirus in Massachusetts sent right to your phone